To download an illustrated, printable version of the instructions below, please click here.
Connect to the SAP Portal and click Password Forgotten. Leave the User and Password fields blank
- If you are uncertain about how to connect to the SAP Portal, contact your HR Administrator or call 902-538-4739 for help.
To continue with the self-service password reset, click the CLICK HERE button.
- At this step you can also download a pdf copy of these instructions.
- Enter your User ID (your P+eight digit employee number) in the Userid field. Alternatively, you can enter your SAP ID in the Userid field.
- Click the Log On button.
- To confirm your password reset, click the Submit button.
- That’s it! Your password reset is now confirmed. Click the red X button in the top right hand corner to close the window.
- A temporary password will be sent immediately to the email address that is registered for you in SAP. If you do not receive this email, please contact the HR Department or call 902-538-4739 to find out what email is registered to you in SAP.
Open the email and copy your temporary password.
- Direct entry of the temporary password is not recommended due to the chance of error. Instructions on how to copy and paste are available below.
- Connect to the SAP Portal and enter your User ID (your P+eight digit employee number or your SAP ID) in the User field.
Place the mouse arrow anywhere in the Password field and paste the password you copied in Step 6 into this field.
- Direct entry of your temporary password is not recommended due to the chance of error. Instruction on how to copy and paste are available below.
- Click the Log On button to connect to SAP.
- You now need to change your password from the temporary one. Place the mouse arrow in the Current Password field and paste the temporary password. Instructions on how to paste are below.
Enter your new password in the New Password field.
- Your password must be at least eight characters long and must contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and one number.
- Re-enter the same new password in the Repeat Password field to confirm.
- Click the Change button to complete the process.
- Once you have successfully completed your password reset, you can log into the ESS system where you’ll be presented with a home screen to select the services you want to use.
- If you need further information on using ESS, you can access training material at https://sapbsc.ednet.ns.ca/ess or contact your HR Administrator for assistance.
Appendix: How to Copy and Paste
Place your mouse arrow at the first letter of the temporary password, then press and hold the LEFT mouse button while you drag the cursor across the password to highlight it. With the entire word highlighted, lift your finger off the mouse button.
With the word highlighted, press and hold down the CTRL key (bottom left of keyboard). While holding the CTRL key down, press and release the letter C key. Then release the CTRL key. This will copy the password, but be careful to only highlight the password and no other characters or blank spaces.
Paste the temporary password by clicking your mouse arrow anywhere in the Password field, then press and hold down the CTRL key. While holding that key down, press and release the letter V key. Then, release the CTRL key. This will insert the password you copied from your email.